Free Japanese Quizzes Every Day—Learn Japanese Online for Free!
Here's a free beginner Japanese quiz from the expert teachers at Nihongo-Pro
New quizzes are available every day at several skill levels. Take the Nihongo-Pro quiz challenge every day,
from your PC, Mac, smartphone, iPad, iPod, or tablet, and learn Japanese online
How do you like Japanese counters
, the words that are used along with numbers to count different types of things in Japanese?
Counters can be a little tricky, since you have to choose the counter that goes with the thing you are counting. Here are a few simple rules for counting in Japanese:
- To count long things, use ～ほん （～本）.
- To count flat things, use ～まい（～枚）.
- To count small animals, use ～ひき（～匹）.
- To count large animals, use ～とう（～頭）.
- To count machines or cars, use ～だい（～台）.
- To count small things you can hold in your hand, use ～こ（～個）.
- If all else fails (or you can't remember the correct counter), use ～つ.
If you want to learn more Japanese, why not consider online lessons at Nihongo-Pro? Our teachers build fully customized private lessons that will rev up your Japanese study and help you achieve your Japanese goal.
Nihongo-Pro's expert Japanese teachers are ready to help.