Terms of Service
By using Nihongo-Pro.com (“Service”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Nihongo-Pro, owned and operated by Horizon Web Services LLC, reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this link.
Violation of any of the terms below may result in the termination of your account.
Although Nihongo-Pro prohibits use of the Service that does not conform to the following conditions,
you understand and agree that Nihongo-Pro cannot be responsible for the content posted on the Service by other users
and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use the Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your real name, a valid email address, and other information requested in order to complete the enrollment process.
- Only one person may use your login—a single account shared by multiple persons is not allowed.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Nihongo-Pro cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Teacher waits 15 minutes if you do not show up:
If you make a lesson reservation, but fail to log into the classroom within 15 minutes following the lesson start time, your teacher reserves the right
to leave the classroom. The lesson ticket shall not be refunded.
If you have an unavoidable absence, please cancel the reservation or,
if the cancellation deadline has passed, notify your teacher by clicking the [If you cannot attend] link next to the reservation.
If you send a notification that you will be absent from a lesson (using the [If you cannot attend] link next to the reservation),
and later cancel that notification,
please note your teacher may not receive the cancellation in time for your lesson, and, therefore, may not show up in the classroom
for your lesson.
Payment and Refunds
- All payments are considered final and non-refundable. The Service is offered on an as-is basis and is subject to change.
- Lesson fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, except where Nihongo-Pro is required by law to collect sales taxes. You shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
- When you reserve a lesson, that lesson ticket cannot be used for any other purpose until and unless the lesson is cancelled. Lesson cancellation policy varies by teacher; once a lesson cancellation deadline has passed, the lesson cannot be cancelled. In that case, the lesson ticket is considered used, regardless of whether you attend the lesson.
- Lesson tickets are not refunded, regardless of the circumstance, except in the case where we terminate your account.
Cancellation and Termination
Nihongo-Pro, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the cancellation of any upcoming lessons you have reserved, deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account, and a pro-rated refund of any unused lesson tickets in your account. Nihongo-Pro reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Nihongo-Pro reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services are subject to change without notice.
- Nihongo-Pro shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- The look and feel of the Service and its website is copyright © 2010 Horizon Web Services LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from Horizon Web Services LLC.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- You understand that Nihongo-Pro uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt, or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or Nihongo-Pro.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Nihongo-Pro.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Nihongo-Pro student, teacher, employee, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Nihongo-Pro does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Nihongo-Pro shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Nihongo-Pro has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of Nihongo-Pro to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Nihongo-Pro and govern your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Nihongo-Pro (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).