We realize ads are a pain, but ...
This free page is supported by advertising.
To view our free content, please disable your ad blocker on Nihongo-Pro.com.
AdBlockPlus (ABP)
AdBlock
uBlock

Author Topic: やりますとしますの違う。

SarahH

• Student
  • Chef Sarah
やりますとしますの違う。
2018-06-25 12:41 (2094 days ago)
2 members
おはようございますみんなさん!『する』と 『やる』の違いは何ですか。ありがとうございます、さら

SteveC

• Student
Re: やりますとしますの違う。
Reply No. 1: 2018-06-27 04:05 (2092 days ago)
1 member
Sarah, that's an excellent question!

I am definitely no expert, but I think やります(or やる) is more casual than します(or する). In conversations among friends, you might hear "やってくれる?" (will you do that for me?) or "やるぞ!" (I'm gonna do it!). In more formal situations, "します" is more common.

Or, at least that's the way I use the two verbs...

FRIEND

• Registrant
Reply No. 2: 2018-06-27 04:52 (2092 days ago)
2 members
I have always used yarimasu informally in chats.

Aki Ogihara

• Teacher
Reply No. 3: 2018-06-27 06:39 (2092 days ago)
3 members
Sarah, that is a good question and one that is very hard to answer.Actually it's hard so that you could write a thesis for the answer!I agree with Steve and FRIEND.I would like to add some more.するand やるare very similar and in many occasions you can switch these two words.So I want to mention the difference.やるhas more speaker's positive intention.せんせい「このページはしゅくだいです。」せいと「はい。らいしゅうまでに やっておきます。」If you answer that, your teacher feels your positive intention more than しておきます.And here is the example that you can't use するbut やる.O  えいがかんで incredible2を やっているよ。X   えいがかんで incredible2を しているよ。If 'Dr. やるandする’looked at my answer, he/she could add more explanation.Hope this helps you.

Masahiro Arai

• Teacher
Reply No. 4: 2018-06-27 12:23 (2092 days ago)
1 member
なかなかいい質問ですね。私も「やります」「します」はほとんど同じと思ってました。でも次の場合「やります」が使えません。「私は9月からアメリカへ留学します。」は言えても「私は9月からアメリカへ留学やります。」はおかしいです。「そんなことすると後悔しますよ。」は言えても「そんなことすると後悔やりますよ。」は変です。2番目は「後悔」は「する」もので「やる」ものではないと言えそうですが、うまく説明できる人お願いします。

SarahH

• Student
  • Chef Sarah
Reply No. 5: 2018-06-29 09:58 (2090 days ago)
3 members
みんなさん、ありがとうございました。難しいですがみんなの答えが役に立ちました!

shinnosuke

• Registrant
  • Eager to learn
Reply No. 6: 2018-08-09 05:15 (2049 days ago)
3 members
This may be slightly off-topic, but I often hear yaru ki manman「やる気満々」.  On the other hand, suru ki manman「する気満々」may be not so common. There must be many differences between suru and yaru.I think it's funny when a Japanese person is giving another Japanese native a compliment, and the one receiving the praise replies, 「そんなに褒めてくれて、どうする(not yaru)つもりですか。」The Japanese language really tickles my ears.